The Time Traveler

I did not choose to be here and now. My destination from the beginning of my journey was chosen for me. My sex was chosen for me. My keepers or so called parents were chosen for me along with their biases, ethnic, and political status.

I was helpless and reliant on their good nature to take care of me, feed me, clothe me, and protect me. I never understood that it was my duty to teach them unconditional love and humility. They taught me to eat by myself, put clothes on when I got cold, to go potty on the toilet. Not so I could become self reliant but so they no longer had to change my dippers.

I was a drain on their resources from my birth. My keepers provided me with shelter, food, clothing, entertainment and medical assistance. I was alive and knew nothing of where I was or who I was with.

Proximity dictated who my friends would be and where I went to school....

Comments

  1. φιλοκαλία "love of the beautiful, the good"

    Let us stand firm in the fear of God, rigorously practicing the virtues and not giving our conscience cause to
    stumble. In the fear of God let us keep our attention fixed within ourselves, until our conscience achieves its
    freedom. Then there will be a union between it and us, and thereafter it will be our guardian, showing us each
    thing that we must uproot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog